Benefits of chamfering 1) During assembly or assembly, […]
Benefits of chamfering
1) During assembly or assembly, the shaft / male part can easily enter the hole / female part. E.g. Tighten the nuts.
2) Only apply to the outer edge to break the corner, that is to remove the sharp edge, which may hurt the personnel who operate the parts.
3) Chamfering is easier to make rounded corners.
4) Provide strength for outer corners
Advantages of rounded corners:
1) Helps the external appearance of the part.
2) The inside angle determines the maximum cutter diameter that can be used.
3) Provide strength in corners, inside or outside.